Deleting a company can involve multiple steps depending on what services the customer has with you. This article will focus on removing a company that has Microsoft Exchange enabled.
In order to delete a company you must first remove all public folders, public folder mailboxes and disable Microsoft Exchange. This process involves removing data from your servers, so please be careful and make sure that you have proper backups
Remove Public Folders and Public Folder Mailbox (if exist)
As a super admin, you need to use the right menu at the top right and go to Config -> Public Folder Mailboxes. Find the public folder mailbox for this company and delete it.
When you disable Exchange for a company, CloudPanel will take care of cleaning up all of the objects on your Exchange environment in the following order:
- CloudPanel will query all mailboxes that have the company code in the CustomAttribute1 attribute and issue a Disable-Mailbox. This will delete the mailbox from your Exchange.
- CloudPanel will query all distribution groups that have the company code in the CustomAttribute1 attribute and issue a Remove-DistributionGroup. This will delete the distribution groups from Exchange and Active Directory without verifying the manager of the group.
- CloudPanel will query all mail contacts that have the company code in the CustomAttribute1 attribute and issue a Remove-MailContact. This will delete the contact.
- The address book policy for the company is removed.
- The offline address book for the company is removed.
- The room, contact, group and all users address list is removed.
- The global address list is removed
- The accepted domain for the company is removed (Note: if this is a duplicated domain that belongs to another customer in CloudPanel then it will not be removed)
- The company is set to Exchange disabled in the CloudPanel database
After Exchange is disabled, you should now be able to delete the company from CloudPanel. Deleting the company will result in the entire company’s organizational unit being deleted. Therefore, all remaining objects will be removed from Exchange, Active Directory and CloudPanel for this company.